The Manipur Evangelical Lutheran Church (MELC) formerly known as Jou Christian Association (JCA) was established on the 20th February, 1954 with a few believers at Daijang Village, Churachandpur District of Manipur state in India. It celebrated Golden Jubilee of its ministries in 2004. At present it is a body of 50 local Churches with 10,000 members. Its headquarters is situated at Zomi Colony, Churachandpur, Manipur. It is a proud member of the Lutheran community (UELCI & LWF).